Back to all threads

Error with LPC1343 Eagle Part

cruzm 
(11 posts)

Posted: 14 Jun 2011, 08:06

Just thought I'd share this find. I was doing some SPI routing with the lpc1343 chip in eagle, when I caught an error I was about to make. Both pins PIO0_10 and PIO2_11 appear to be configurable to be the SPI clock, but looking at the datasheet, only PIO2_11 can be the SPI clock.

Unless I'm outright missing something, it would be nice if this could bet looked into.

microBuilder 
Administrator
(136 posts)

Posted: 14 Jun 2011, 15:06

cruzm said:

Just thought I'd share this find. I was doing some SPI routing with the lpc1343 chip in eagle, when I caught an error I was about to make. Both pins PIO0_10 and PIO2_11 appear to be configurable to be the SPI clock, but looking at the datasheet, only PIO2_11 can be the SPI clock.

Unless I'm outright missing something, it would be nice if this could bet looked into.
Have another look at the user manual. :-)

Pins 0.6, 0.10 and 2.11 can ALL be configured as SCK (p.80 of the UM for example).

You can use any of these pins, and there are multiple possibilities because you may need SPI plus one of the functionalities on one of the SCK pins, and if they weren't multiplexed elsewhere you'd have a difficult choice to make.

You have to use the IOCON SCKLOC register to indicate which when you configure the SSP block (UM 6.4.1.1).

cruzm 
(11 posts)

Posted: 15 Jun 2011, 13:06

microbuilder said:

cruzm said:

Have another look at the user manual. :-)

Pins 0.6, 0.10 and 2.11 can ALL be configured as SCK (p.80 of the UM for example).

You can use any of these pins, and there are multiple possibilities because you may need SPI plus one of the functionalities on one of the SCK pins, and if they weren't multiplexed elsewhere you'd have a difficult choice to make.

You have to use the IOCON SCKLOC register to indicate which when you configure the SSP block (UM 6.4.1.1).
Gah. That's what I get for solely relying on the datasheet. Thanks for clarifying that.